If you have questions about how to prepare for the road test please refer to Driving Skills Study Guide. If the provided link is inactive. Please copy and paste the address into your browser to view.
Here is the list of items to present at the appointment:
- Bring Your Level One License*/Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP). *If you possess a Level One License, it must be valid and issued by the SOS. You need to have been on the Level One for a total of six months before you may take the road test. If your Level One has been replaced, the original issuance date must be defined and authenticated by the SOS. Those with a TIP are not eligible for the test until the date of eligibility as stated on your TIP.
- (Only for those 18 and over) - Bring a piece of photo ID
- (Only for those under 18) - Bring Your Segment II certificate.
- (Only for those under 18) - Log of 50 hours of behind-the-wheel experience, 10 of which must be at night. The log must include dates, time-driven (totaled), and a signature of the adult who oversaw the driving. Providing an app with the logged hours will be accepted.
- (Only for those under 18) - Bring a parent or legal guardian. Please note: A Parent/guardian needs to be present at the road test appointment. If a parent/legal guardian is not able to attend, please call the office for a parent waiver.
- No one else is allowed in the car during the test - Children are not allowed in the car. Childcare is not provided.
Please adhere to any restrictions on the permit e.g. CORR LENS, etc.
Corr Lens - You must have your contacts or glasses for the road test.
Verify restrictions on File - All documents concerning your restrictions will need to be presented at the test appointment, including the list of specific restrictions.
Here is a list of guidelines to comply with for your road test:
- Be on time for your appointment. We suggest that you arrive approximately 5 to 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- If you are unable to speak or understand English, you must bring an interpreter of at least 16 years of age. Interpreters must present a valid driver's license at the time of the road test.
- We need 24 business hours advance notice to change or cancel an appointment. There is no refund for missed appointments or failures. In the event of a refund request, with at least 24 hours notice, all but a $5.00 service fee will be refunded. Any road test appointment changes will be subject to a $5.00 service fee.
- Our company vehicle will be the only vehicle allowed to be used for the road test. This is to ensure that our team members have a safe and sanitized environment to work in. The only exception to this is those with interlock or auxiliary equipment restrictions. If you have an interlock or auxiliary equipment, please call us for further instructions.
- The test takes about 45 minutes to an hour. It consists of parking (including blindside backing a.k.a. parallel), city, highway, and residential driving. Please refer to the “Driving Skills Test Study Guide” if you have further questions.
Failure to provide or comply with the above requirements will result in an additional road test fee.