Road Test Requirements
You have to take, and of course pass, the automobile road test in Michigan to get your driver’s license. Before road testing can happen you will need to have fulfilled a few requirements and bring proof of completion with you to your appointment.
This is what you need to bring with you:
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE:
- Level I learners’ license
- Segment two certificate
- All applicants under 18 must have completed segment 2.
- Log of 50 hours behind-the-wheel experience, 10 of which must at night. - The log must include dates, time driven (totaled), and a signature of the adult who oversaw the driving.
- A parent or guardian (or someone 21 or older with a written permission slip from parent or guardian and also the Student Driver Experience Log).
IF YOU ARE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE:
- A valid permit from SOS with 30 days of practice or a stamped permit from SOS waiving the 30 days